Last Modified: 4/14/2021
This WAEPA Portal is offered and available to WAEPA members in good standing who are 18 years of age or older. By using this WAEPA Portal, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with WAEPA. If you do not meet the age requirement, you must not access or use the WAEPA Portal.
Accessing the WAEPA Portal and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the WAEPA Portal, and any service or material we provide on the WAEPA Portal, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable for any reason if all or any part of the WAEPA Portal is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the WAEPA Portal, or the entire WAEPA Portal, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the WAEPA Portal.
You must treat your user name, password, and any other piece of information used as part of our security procedures as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this WAEPA Portal or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The WAEPA Portal and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by WAEPA, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in Read Access Memory (RAM) incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download a reasonable number of pages of the WAEPA Portal for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the WAEPA Portal or any services or materials available through the WAEPA Portal.
The WAEPA name, the term WAEPA, the WAEPA logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the WAEPA or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of WAEPA. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this WAEPA Portal are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate WAEPA, a WAEPA employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the WAEPA Portal, or which, as determined by us, may harm WAEPA or users of the WAEPA Portal, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the WAEPA Portal in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the WAEPA Portal, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the WAEPA Portal.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the WAEPA Portal for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the WAEPA Portal.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the WAEPA Portal.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the WAEPA Portal, the server on which the WAEPA Portal is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the WAEPA Portal.
- Attack the WAEPA Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the WAEPA Portal.
The WAEPA Portal may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and/or other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services“) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post“) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions“) on or through the WAEPA Portal.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the WAEPA Portal, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose in compliance with applicable law.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not WAEPA, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the WAEPA Portal.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the WAEPA Portal.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the WAEPA Portal. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS WAEPA AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the WAEPA Portal is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the WAEPA Portal, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This WAEPA Portal may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party insurers, licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the WAEPA, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the WAEPA. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the WAEPA Portal
We may update the content on this WAEPA Portal from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the WAEPA Portal may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the WAEPA Portal
Online Payments and Other Terms and Conditions
Links from the WAEPA Portal
If the WAEPA Portal contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, such as third party insurers and payment providers, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this WAEPA Portal, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the WAEPA Portal is based in the State of Virginia in the United States. We provide this WAEPA Portal for use only by our members. We make no claims that the WAEPA Portal or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the WAEPA Portal may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the WAEPA Portal from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the WAEPA Portal will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WAEPA PORTAL OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WAEPA PORTAL OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WAEPA PORTAL, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WAEPA PORTAL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WAEPA PORTAL, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WAEPA PORTAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER WAEPA NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH WAEPA MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WAEPA PORTAL. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER WAEPA NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH WAEPA REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WAEPA PORTAL, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WAEPA PORTAL WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WAEPA PORTAL OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WAEPA PORTAL WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WAEPA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WAEPA, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WAEPA PORTAL, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WAEPA PORTAL OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
The WAEPA Portal is operated by WAEPA at 433 Park Avenue, Falls Church VA 22046.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the WAEPA Portal should be directed to: email@example.com.