Premium Refund Program
While premium refunds are not guaranteed each year, since 1996, WAEPA has proudly refunded over $100 Million to its members.
2021 Premium Refund
- Your refund is 10% of your annualized premium as of December 31, 2020.
- Checks will be mailed no later than September 30, 2021.
- Checks may take up to three weeks to arrive.
- If you do not receive your check, the amount will be automatically credited to your WAEPA account on January 3, 2022.
- To be eligible for a 2021 premium refund, your WAEPA insurance must have been in-force by December 31, 2020 and have continued through August 31, 2021.
Your refund check will be mailed to the address listed on the WAEPA letter you receive. If you need to change the address you have on file with us, please update your information no later than Friday, September 17, 2021.
Based on WAEPA’s fiscal performance in the previous year, and the outlook for upcoming years, our Board of Directors evaluates our earnings and determines if a refund is possible. They based solely on your Group Term Life Insurance policy and Chronic Illness Rider (if applicable) and not your Group Short-Term Disability Insurance.
When a refund is awarded, members receive their payment in the form of a check.
WAEPA has awarded a refund 25 of the past 26 years. When was the last time FEGLI gave you money back?
Continued growth is an important factor in the decision to continue our annual refund – as such, we encourage you to mention the benefits of WAEPA to your coworkers. Refer your friends or colleagues who work as Civilian Federal Employees and get rewarded.