WAEPA Sponsors Consumers’ Checkbook Tool to Help Civilian Feds Navigate BenefitsFederal Civilian Life
Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Open Season is the time for federal employees to review and update their benefits. The process of reviewing benefits can be overwhelming – likely even more so during a pandemic. Many Feds don’t know where to start, and find themselves asking, “how do I determine what’s best for my situation?” Luckily, Consumers’ Checkbook provides an online tool that can be used to compare the various plans available. Sponsored by WAEPA, this tool is updated annually for Federal Employees and retirees to help select the most favorable health, dental, and vision plans for their needs. Using it, they can compare options among more than 350 health plans offered.
What you can do:
• Compare plans – Evaluate up to 4 plans side by side
• Risk Estimates – Compare costs and risks if you have a high-expense year
• Quality Comparison – Review member ratings and disputed claims
• Personalize Cost Estimates – View total cost comparisons (including out of pocket expenses)
• All- Plan Doctor Directory – Find out what plans your doctor accepts (DC area only)
• Expert Support – Talk directly to plan experts and ask questions
• FEDVIP Comparisons – Assess standalone dental and vision plans
• FEHB Retirees & Annuitants – Determine costs and plan options under Medicare
The checkbook tool will help Feds save time in drawing comparisons between plans and provides an easy way to understand the benefit options available. The Consumers’ Checkbook is an independent nonprofit guide, which means it provides unbiased ratings. WAEPA proudly serves Civilian Feds and works to provide our members with access to the tools they need to fully understand their benefits. We’re proud to sponsor this tool to give Feds access for free – get started today.
WAEPA offers Group Term Life Insurance For Feds, By Feds. Last year, the average Fed who switched from FEGLI to WAEPA saved $375. After more than 75 years in business, over 46,000 Feds and their families are WAEPA Members. Learn more today.