The WAEPA Board of Directors is pleased to announce another premium refund to WAEPA members! Your check will be mailed the week of September 25, 2017.
Premium refunds are not guaranteed. Refunds are based primarily on the claims ratio for each fiscal year and despite constant fluctuations in the claims ratio, WAEPA has given a refund twenty-one of the past twenty-two years!
WAEPA was founded in 1943 to promote the health, welfare, and financial well-being of civilian federal employees and their families. Continued growth is an important factor in the annual refund of premium to all members. We encourage you to mention the benefits of WAEPA to your co-workers.
Important facts surrounding your 2017 premium refund:
- Your refund is 18% of premium from April 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016 (WAEPA changed our fiscal year to match the calendar year in 2016).
- Checks will be mailed the week of September 25, 2017.
- Checks may take up to three weeks to arrive.
- If you do not receive your check, your WAEPA account will be credited with the uncashed check on January 5, 2018.
- To be eligible for a 2017 premium refund your WAEPA insurance must have been in-force by December 31, 2016 and your insurance must continue through August 31, 2017.