Upcoming Retirement, Financial Planning, & Insurance Webinars
RMDs: What Everyone Needs to KnowWednesday, October 18th, 2017 at 1:00 PM ET
Register Now for Free
WAEPA, a nonprofit association serving the health, welfare, and financial well-being of Federal civilian employees since 1943.
Karen Schaeffer, Certified Financial Planner™, on behalf of the National Institute of Transition Planning, Inc. (NITP), the national leader in Federal Pre-Retirement and Benefits Training since 1984.
About the Webinar:
We’re allowed to save for our retirement in tax advantaged accounts, but not too much and not forever. Fortunately the rules for Required Minimum Distributions don’t force us to take large amounts of money out of these accounts all at once, but run afoul of the rules and serious penalties can apply. Join Karen Schaeffer, Certified Financial Planner®, as she walks through not only the rules but the strategies for dealing with these distributions. You will learn:
- Who is subjected to the rules and when do they apply
- How to calculate the right amount to withdraw
- What is the penalty and how to avoid it
- The differences between Traditional and Roth distributions
- The nuances between TSP and other retirement accounts
- How to modify investment allocations in light of RMDs
- Common mistakes with RMDs and how to avoid them