FAQ: Pay Online
← Back to all FAQs
- What is my Certificate Number?
- Why should I Enroll, as opposed to using Pay Now?
- How do I pay for multiple Certificate Numbers for myself, my spouse, my adult kids, etc. at one time online?
- Now that I have Enrolled, can I opt out of paper bills?
- I’ve entered my six digit Certificate Number and my last four SSN digits, but I still can’t Enroll/Pay Online?
- I just stopped my payroll deduction/monthly bank draft because I want to pay online, but I can’t login?
- Can I use my Credit Card/Debit Card to pay online?
- Do I need any special hardware or software to sign up for this E-Bill Express payment service?
- After enrolling in this presentment and payment service, when can I start paying my bills?
- What if I forget my password?
- How am I billed for this service?
- How do I cancel this payment service?
- If an account is in a name other than my own (such as a spouse or adult child), can I still sign up for E-Bill payment service?
- Will I receive a reminder that I have an E-Bill ready for viewing and paying?
- How long does it take to receive a new E-Bill?
- Will I still receive a paper copy of the bill through the U.S. mail?
- Can I store or view paid E-Bills?
- When is the money for the payment drawn from my bank account?
- How far in advance of the due date should I schedule my payments?
- Can I make a payment greater than my regular payment amount?
- The amount for an E-Bill seems incorrect. What should I do?
- I did not receive my E-bill. What should I do?
- How can I confirm that a payment has been made?
- What do I do if the payment amount is incorrect?
- What do I do if the payment date is incorrect?
- I received an ERROR message, why?
Your Certificate Number is unique to you, and is printed on your bill as well as your other insurance documentation. Your certificate number should be entered as a six digit number. If you have a four or five digit certificate number, you must enter a leading zero(s) to reach a full six digit number.
Example: Certificate Number 50000 should be entered as 050000.
If you cannot locate your Certificate number, please contact WAEPA.▲ Back to top
Enrolling in WAEPA’s E-Bill Express allows you to name and save separate bank accounts for EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payment of your WAEPA premiums, and allows you to create a unique user name and password, instead of having to remember your Certificate Number. Also, by Enrolling you can attach several different e-mail addresses to your account, which will allow you to receive e-mailed bills in the future.▲ Back to top
In order for WAEPA to process the payments correctly, you are required to login and pay separately for each Certificate Number.▲ Back to top
Once you are registered for online payments, please contact one of our Membership Services Representatives at 1-800-368-3484 to opt out of paper bills.▲ Back to top
There may be several reasons why you can’t pay online yet:
- Your information has not yet been uploaded to the Pay Online site. WAEPA launched this site effective for members who will receive a bill due in May 2012. If you pay quarterly, semi-annually, or annually, and you are not due until June 2012, July 2012, etc., your information has not yet been uploaded to the Pay Online site. When you receive your next paper bill, only then will you be able to Enroll.
- We may not have your SSN in our records, or the SSN may be inaccurate. Although members are required to submit their SSN for insurance purposes at the time of application, not every SSN is received. Please contact WAEPA so we can correct our files and add your SSN to our database.
See above. Your information has not been uploaded to the Pay Online site. Please wait for your next paper bill and you should be able to Enroll/Pay Online then.▲ Back to top
Due to the exchange fees charged by CC/DC companies, WAEPA does not accept cards at this time. If this policy changes in the future, details will be provided to our members.▲ Back to top
No special hardware or software is required to use this service. You will only need Web access and your browser.
Please note that some older browsers use 40-bit encryption. For the highest level of security available, we suggest you use 128-bit encryption to access the site.
After you complete and submit the online enrollment form and respond to the activation email, we will start your service immediately. You can then access the service to pay a current bill or view past bills. You should begin receiving an E-Bill notification within a month or so, depending upon the billing cycle (WAEPA members who are E-billed are billed in 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month cycles).▲ Back to top
The initial screen provides the ability for you to have a temporary password emailed to the email address used when you enrolled.▲ Back to top
To cancel please log in and click Un-enroll.▲ Back to top
Yes, but please be sure to use the correct account number as it appears on the paper bill. You will have to log-in separately for each WAEPA policy to make a payment on each policy.▲ Back to top
You will receive an e-mail notification reminding you that an E-Bill has been presented and is ready for payment.▲ Back to top
Once you enroll your most recent bill is available immediately.▲ Back to top
You can view paid E-Bills by looking at “Search and Pay my Bills.” E-Bills will be available for a period of time, typically six to twelve months. You can always use your browser’s print function to print the bill if you want to keep long-term records.▲ Back to top
The funds for the payment are debited from your account on the scheduled payment date. Keep in mind that you should always have funds available to cover the payment on that date.▲ Back to top
We suggest you schedule your payment for at least 3 business days before the actual payment due date.▲ Back to top
After the payment date, check the status of the payment by looking in “Payment Status” If the status is “Paid,” then the payment has been sent. You can also check to see if the funds have been drawn from your bank account, or you can call the customer care department to see if they received and credited the payment.▲ Back to top
You may not have the most current version of your browser. If you’re using a browser that does not support TLS 1.2 (such as Internet Explorer (IE) 8, 9, or 10), you must upgrade to one of the following recommended browsers:
- IE 11